Theodore Roosevelt wordt door historici beschouwd als een van de grootste Amerikaanse presidenten. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. was een politicus, Amerikaans staatsman en schrijver die van 1901 tot 1909 de 26e president van de Verenigde Staten was. In dit artikel deel ik een verzameling van 20 Theodore Roosevelt quotes over leiderschap en succes om je te inspireren om jouw eigen persoonlijke erfenis achter te laten op de wereld.
Het is bijna niet te bevatten hoeveel Theodore Roosevelt in zijn leven heeft bereikt.
Hij heeft een aantal beroepen op zich genomen en is in al die beroepen geslaagd.
Maar Roosevelt is het meest bekend als president van de Verenigde Staten en om zijn ongelooflijke wijsheid en inzicht.
Hieronder zie je een verzameling van 20 inspirerende, wijze en krachtige Theodore Roosevelt quotes en uitspraken.
Quote 1 t/m 10 Theodore Roosevelt
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
- “All the resources we need are in the mind”
- “Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.”
- “The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.”
- “Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike.”
- “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; and who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. In this life we get nothing save by effort.”
- “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
- “I am a part of everything that I have read.”
- “It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.”
Quote 11 t/m 20
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.”
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
- “Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ‘em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.”
- “The men and women who have the right ideals… are those who have the courage to strive for the happiness which comes only with labor and effort and self-sacrifice, and those whose joy in life springs in part from power of work and sense of duty.”
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
- “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.”
- “Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time.”
- “When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.”
- “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”